Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday Update

I took this picture the other day so I could use it for an avatar on an on-line recovery site. A couple weeks ago I was looking through some old pictures and found one that I took of myself when I hadn't slept in three or fours day. It shocked me to see myself look so destroyed. My face was gray and my eyes were lifeless. I looked like a zombie. During that time I was serving in the Marine Corps and finally understand why my career came to an end. The last thing my Staff Sergeant told me was to do something with my life. I shook his hand and said something like, don't worry about me staff sergeant...I will be just fine. Boy was I in for a treat.

Today when someone asks how I am doing I don't say I am fine because we all know what that really means. Today I answer with, I am doing great or I am just amazed at how good life can be when you work on it.

May God bless all of you, my dearest friends.

1 comment:

AnyEdge said...

Hey Christopher...thanks for sharing.