Monday, November 16, 2009

Getting Too Close To The Source

Something inside me tells me to live dangerously. What is that? Do I like to be in danger? Do I like problems? Am I addicted to drama? I am beginning to think that I need to take better care of myself....again? Before I turn this into a self- bashing session I need to recognize a few of my achievements. First of those being that I have eight months of consecutive sobriety today. Second, that I talked with a complete stranger last night about a job he could get if he really wanted to. The man was talking in a meeting about not having a job and he was afraid of becoming homeless so i went up to him after the meeting and said of knew of a place that was hiring for sure. Then I realized why he was having such a hard time with finding a job. He wasn't the sanest man I have ever met, but he was also not the most insane. One year ago today I still hadn't ran my 2007 into the ground on my way to meet my illusive dope dealer. And third, I was at work last week and was in a really good mood. I saw a roach on the ground and decided that I didn't want a customer to see it. I also didn't want to kill the little guy and actually felt compassion for him/her. So I scooped him or her up in a piece of register tape and proceeded to carry the little guy/gal outside.

I can do some good in this world no matter how small it seems at the time. Now what was the original topic of this blog?

No comments: