Saturday, May 8, 2010

Why I Stay Busy


Why do I stay busy? And why do I feel like I need to do everything all at once? I have been staying really busy recently. Getting things done for once. When I first started down this path of sobriety I sure as heck didn't want to stay busy but somebody once told me that I should get busy living, or get busy dying. Even right now this very instant I feel like I should be doing something more productive like finishing the million books that I need to finish. Maybe I should try to go a whole day without doing anything. Maybe I should try to go a whole day without speaking to anyone. Can it be done? Should it be done? I have always been told that idle time is the devils play thing but maybe I can just practice Not-Doing for a little while so I can get back on track.


I am at a point in my sobriety that I am fully aware of the importance of going to meetings, calling your sponsor, calling another drunk (running buddy), doing something compassionate for another person, staying fit spiritually...mentally...and physically. Also, rule# 62 is a biggun.


For the rest of the night I am just going to take it easy. My girlfriend is coming over tonight and we are just going to take it easy. Watch a movie. And just enjoy eachothers company. The cool thing about her is that she is not an alcoholic or an addict. She supports my program too. I love this one a lot.


Great day to be alive and sober. I pass.

No comments: